Behind a heavily studded wooden door you enter into what you can only imagine a Riad in Morocco should be. Carefully restored using only the finest of cedar wood, intricate plaster design, tadelakt bathrooms, zellige flooring, curved wrought ironwork, coloured Iraqi glass, bronze and copper lanterns, careful attention to detail, handmade furnishings and textiles; The Riad has been brought back to life with energy ensuring that added modern touches make the guest feel that they are staying in comfort without losing the original features.
From the terrace you can chill out on the poufs, sunbathe on our recliners and hammocks or relax in the Berber Jaima whilst listening to the hum on the muezzins calling the faithful to prayer.
Riad Verus’ housekeeper Sadia is also a talented cook creating Med-Moroccan fusion dishes such as Lemon Chicken Spiced Tagine, wholesome Moroccan breakfasts and mouth-watering salads using only the finest organic produce daily from the markets.
The vibe is very cool, laid back and due to the wonderful sense of airiness and space the Riad is an oasis of calm. Riad Verus comprises 5 large Ensuites each bearing a Roman Emperors name and are equipped with:
- Safety Lockers
- Reversible AC and Heating units
- Chill out areas
- Free fast speed Wifi in the whole Riad
- Tadelakt finished Wet Rooms with either Power Shower or Tub Hammam
- Handmade beds with fresh Egyptian cotton high thread count linen
- Dunes, Imperial Cities, Sand & Surf…
- Latest release movies available on HDMI and USB
- 10.00 – 21.00 Room service
- Restaurant serving Lunch and Dinner in the Atrium and Roof
- Top Terrace
- Night watchman, security cameras, projector lighting outside &
- lantern lit terrace
- Cots and babysitting service on request
- Cooking classes
- Henna painting
- Airport Transfers for a small fee
- Arabic Lessons
- Sheisha pipes